York Ventures primarily sells products online via Amazon, utilizing their fulfillment network. This is a reorganization of how the business was established, but done for success.
In late 2017 we began selling on Amazon and in early 2018 began utilizing the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) network. This means that all of the products customers purchase from us thru Amazon are shipped by Amazon and are eligible for the free 2 day shipping for Prime customers. Our Amazon seller name was rebranded as Maxx Buy which has it’s own website MaxxBuy.com.
In early 2017 York Ventures branched out into E-Commerce with the launch of the website GetGear.org which sold outdoor sporting goods with an emphasis in fishing gear. The site was hosted on Shopify, but the site has been migrated to a self hosted solution. Unfortunately this site is not fully functional.
York Ventures also offers Electrical Engineering Consulting services, Online Marketing services, and sells Domain Names. For information on my experience and expertise in Electrical Engineering see my Linked In Profile. The types of online marketing offered are Affiliate Marketing, small businesses marketing, and e-commerce marketing. The online marketing traffic may come from social media(paid and viral), search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, Pay Per View (PPV), or various forms of media buying.
The business started out and continues to work in affiliate marketing, which promotes products and services from companies that are available to a wide audience like nationwide or internationally. Some of the brands promoted can be seen on this page. You can learn more about affiliate marketing from this page, including some of the affiliate networks supported.
York Ventures helps local business grow by marketing them online. Local businesses can boost sales and grow by reaching potential customers online with the products or services they offer. Some of the small businesses that have been helped include Diane’s Advertising Business and her client Pawn Big, Emily’s Music Business, Chris’s DJ Business, and Jan’s Medical Billing Business. A local businesses in Ventura that I have an affiliate relationship with is Boku Super Foods which sells health supplements. If you have a local business and would like help promoting it with online marketing, please contact me to see how I can help you.
Website Development and Social Media
Websites have been generated to provide useful information about products and services available that include affiliate links to offers. Some websites have been developed to provide information and offers related to specific topics via email after capturing email address from prospective customers. Some of the websites that have been developed by York Ventures for the purposes of affiliate marketing are:
- NeedMarriageHelp.com features interesting articles and a report to help people who are struggling in their marriage. It has a FaceBook fan page.
- Slimmerdiet.net builds SEO and points people to this site that gives information and some recipes on how to boost your metabolism and lose weight by cooking healthy meals.
- BillYork.net is my personal travel blog and it includes some affiliate links and online games.
- This site contains information about the prescription drug Xarelto and the potential side effects of it (FB page, Twitter).
- CasinoGamer.net has reviews of some popular online casinos.
- This website gives information on how to make money online with social media and has a free ebook that can be downloaded here.
- Destination California has some travel information related to California and has a Facebook Fan Page.
Additional Social Media accounts (primarily Facebook fan pages) have been developed for specific interests and they can be used to generate traffic for online marketing. Here are some of them:
- FishingILove Facebook Fan Page was developed to generate traffic and arouse interest in fishing and gear related to fishing. Fishing related pages have also been generated on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Social media accounts were generated using the name GetGear Sports that promote fishing and other sports like hunting with accounts on Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
- Tribute to Leonard Nimoy posts information, pictures, and videos that Leonard Nimoy and Star Trek fans may like.
- PersonalFinanceInfo gives daily tips to help people manage their personal finances.
- Disney fan page gives some content that lovers of Disney movies and theme parks will like.
- Effects of wind turbines on people looks at the side effects of wind turbines located near homes and businesses. It looks at the potential negative impacts and safety concerns of wind energy generation.
Business Structure and Other Ventures
York Ventures was founded in 2014 and is based in Ventura, CA. In the spring of 2016 it was given an award as the best small marketing business in Ventura.
York Ventures was registered in Ventura County, CA with 3 subsidiary business names which are York Internet, York Consulting, and York Maritime, however these subsidiary names have not been used. The business was established with the intent of offering online marketing, electrical engineering consulting, and maritime services. The Consulting branch of the business offers electrical engineering consulting services to support electronics. I had a contract to perform electrical engineering services for my former employer on an as needed basis but that contract has lapsed. See my Linked-In profile for background and experience at linkedin.com/in/wayork. The maritime branch was never developed.
Please contact me and we can discuss how I can help your business grow. Have a great day! Blessings!
1198 Navigator Dr. #72
Ventura, CA 93001
Bill (at) YorkVentures.net
P.S. You can find me all over social media with the icons below at the bottom right. Some profiles are strictly business and others are a hybrid of business and personal.